SCCD Faculty Development Podcasts

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Faculty Development Podcast #25

This podcast has a few announcements and an introduction to free and easy to use technology for your classes. I'll be giving a mini-workshop on this topic on Friday, October 13 at the New Faculty Orientation, but I'm so excited about these tools, I wanted to showcase them in a podcast, too.

The screen snapshot shows Groupvine, one of the amazing new web-based tools, I found recently. Groupvine is web-based project management software that would be ideal for students working on group projects. I've also mentioned Writely (web-based word processor), Mayomi (mindmapping software), EditGrid (web-based spreadsheet), and Wizlite (highlighter for web pages). I'll have a more comprehensive list for the workshop on Friday.

If you'd like to read the blog posting where I found these tools and many more, follow this link: http://www.solutionwatch.com/512/back-to-school-with-the-class-of-web-20-part-1/

Listen to the Faculty Development Podcast #25. (5:37 minutes).

Read the podcast transcript.

Feel free to leave me a comment!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks so much for the mention and I am excited that you're excited about Groupvine.

    Let's talk some more about how I can help you.

    Thanks! Feel free to contact me.

    scotthurff (at) thegroupvine (dot) com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home